Being sick is not a good thing and the idea of using your hard-earned money paying bills due to hospitalization is very frustrating. However, if that happened you do not have a choice but to settle your bill, because if you do not it might lead to a larger problem.
Good thing we have PhilHealth here in the Philippines. It is indeed a big help to every Filipino because it provides financial assistance if a health problem occurs to its members.
What are the Requirements Needed When Claiming PhilHealth Hospitalization Benefits:
- Valid ID
- An updated copy of your Member Data Record (MDR)
- Original copy of Philhealth Claim Form 1
- Certificate of Premium Payments with OR numbers
What’s the Procedure When Claiming PhilHealth Hospitalization Benefits:
- If you got admitted or your dependent for more than 24 hours, inform the emergency room nurse that you will use your PhilHealth
- Show your PhilHealth ID at the admitting section of the hospital as a proof
- Submit all the necessary documents that they will ask
- After that, they will check and verify all your document
- Once verified wait for them to process and then automatic deduction of your benefits from your total bill will be done before the end of your stay at the hospital
-For you to avail the PhilHealth benefits you must be admitted for more than 24 hours as declared by a Doctor or Medical Professional
-The PhilHealth will only work in PhilHealth accredited hospitals
-A member can only consume 45 days of confinement and that is shared among all dependents
Having PhilHealth makes your life easier in times of health issues. So if you’re not a member yet, you must consider to apply now and get chance to take advantage of all the benefits.