If you are working outside the country, you are considered as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW). You should know that even if you are working abroad, you still have the right to vote whoever you prefer and whoever you think will better lead the country.
So if you’re an OFW it is a must knowing what to do and how to vote outside the country. Being knowledgeable about this certain topic shows that you’re a responsible Filipino citizen. If you wanted to know how to vote outside the country this might help you.
What are the Qualifications for OFW Voters?
- Must be 18 years old
- Must not be registered overseas voter
- Not a disqualified voter by law
- Filipino who have reacquired or retained Philippine Citizenship
- Filipino Citizen with dual citizenship
What are the Requirements Needed:
- Accomplished OVF No.1
- Philippine Passport
- Photocopy of Seaman’s Book (Sea farers)
- Certifies True Copy of the Signed Oath of Allegiance or Order of Approval submitted to the Embassy
* Please note that additional document may be asked for verification
How to File it?
- Visit the Foreign Service Post (FSP) of the Republic of the Philippines
- Submit the accomplished OVF No. 1 (Click here to download)
- Submit as well the other documents that were asked
- Wait for it to be verified
- Once verified go to the Biometrics Capturing Station
It is your responsibility and right as a Filipino to vote if you want to. So if you haven’t registered yourself as an OFW Voter, go ahead and register now.
For more information, visit [email protected]
Be the first to comment